Saturday 5 November 2011

Whitehall King of Sections - 30th October 2011

Weather: 11C Overcast with Threats of Rain.
Water: Colour had dropped slightly but still a good rich brown colour
Peg: 17
Baits: Skrettings Micros, Chopped Prawn and Worm, 6mm VDE RS Expanders, GOT Atomic Paste.
Weight: 34lb 0oz (2nd to Carl Graham AGAIN!!)

A great initiative by the club and Dave Warren to run a final for those who have won a section during the year and £1 of pools from club matches going to this big money final. It was fished on the club pool and a good turn out should make for a good match. I drew on peg 17 on the deep side of the pool and had some scores to settle with this pool on matches having never really sussed it.

I got to my peg and plumbed the depth at 13m to find 9ft of water straight in front of me. I then plumbed a line again at 13m but at 10'oclock to me, this plumbed up exactly the same so the same rig was used. I used a Sconezone double deez in 0.8g to 0.17 powerline and a 0.15 hooklength to a 16 B911. This was matched to a top 2 with grey hydro on a pulla. Down my left edge I had 8ft a metre from the bank so set a paste rig up here in the hope that some munters would come in at some point in the match. This rig was a Sconezone Jadz 0.6g to 0.14 through to a 12 B911 on black hydro.



My two out lines would be fed completely differently. I fed both lines a mixture of dampened micros chopped prawns and worms that formed into a ball nicely. I fed straight in front with a large cad pot every 8mins or every large fish and my '10 o'clock' line with a large pot every 45mins. I started on my line straight in front and had  a number of small fish on the worm and the prawn wasn't really producing. It was hard going but I had managed to snare a 4lb carp, 4 of the year old stockies, a 1lb plus perch, a crucian and 8 roach and rudd by 12:15 when I decided to go on the 10 o'clock line. I had a lost carp on this line, a fan tail and a few bits and pieces.

At 13:30 I decided to try down the edge where I had fed balls of micros. First put in I missed a huge sail away. 2nd put in a little twitch and a big stike saw black hydro sit oabove my swim and plod around very frimly. A true munter was on and this plodded around my swim for a while before then deciding to bottom me out, I hurridly got some more sections out  and got the leviation in. Later weighed at 14lb 6oz. A couple of smaller beasties later the paste line had died. The last 30mins saw me go out again and get another stockie and a beautiful Koi Carp my first ever. I had won my section but had I enough to beat the on form Carl Graham a nervy weigh in revealed I was 1 carp short. What a great competition and 2 matches left for me until the early spring a possible Autumn league decider with St. Johns and the Fur and Feather where a prize will be guaranteed. Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment