Saturday 21 December 2013

Targets for 2014

Last year I set myself some targets to try and achieve in matches. This was enjoyable to try and ensure I meet these targets and frustrating at the same time as some were a little out of my control. I am going to again set myself some targets but make them more challenging. I felt that I improved a lot of aspects of my fishing and understanding last year so should have a more successful year in 2014. As long as I draw well in Whitehall matches next year!

8 sections points or less in the Maver Classic final. FAILED
  • 2 open match wins. SUCCESS (2 at Larford, 2 at Cob House)
  • Weight 200lb+ in a match. SUCCESS (268 Wyatts and 282 Laurel *new lake record*)
  • Win Whitehall league FAILED
  • Weight 650lb+ aggregate weight in Whitehall league matches this year. SUCCESS 668lb

  • This year I am going to split my targets between club events and fishing on the open circuit:
     

    Club:

    • Win the league
    • Win the knockout
    • Weight 750lb+ in league matches
    Cob house x2: 300lb
    Tirley x2: 150lb
    Greenhills x2: 150lb
    Whitehall x3: 75lb
    Hallow: 30lb
    Manor Farm: 75lb
    Fishponds: 20lb

    Opens:

    • Win 4 open matches
    • Frame on 10 matches
    • Finish with less points than in 2013 classic final (22 points)
    • Top 20 position in Larford festival

    1 comment:

    1. Good luck - nothing wrong with being ambitious! Any rugby this winter?

      ReplyDelete