Thursday 2 May 2013

A 'cracking' time at Larford classic qualifier 28th April 2013

Weather: Overcast and very windy
Water: White horses... Akin to the North Sea!!
Baits: 4mm,6mm and 8mm fishery feed pellet, 4mm and 6mm miracle baits expanders, miracle baits pellet crumb 50/50 fish meal and green and some worms for the edge oooooosh!!

Weight: 38lb nowhere!!


The final qualifier of the year and some much needed practice on the speci lake at larford was on the cards for me this week. 40 odd anglers made the visit with some last minute qualifiers and practice for the upcoming classic finals and the fish'o'mania qualifier was their ideas as were mine.

I went into the match wanting to really have a go on the short pole lines for some mighty lumps as I believe this will be key to having a chance of winning fish'o. However my draw put me on the chalet bank and I wasn't as confident with using this method as much as over on the burr bank. Therefore I set a 13m pole and pellet line along with my short line and set up a method line at 50 turns. I plumbed a line under a tree to my left but never went on it for any time.

Well as the title to the post suggests I had a cracking time, especially after the all in when shipping back after feeding my long line I heard a loud crack and my no7 bend at a right angle. Luckily enough I grabbed the 6th section before I lost my top 4 to the depths of speci lake. After a little cry with 2 parts of a section across my lap I composed my self and chucked the method out. This basically went round every now and then with a skimmer on the end. They were coming to red krill boilies on the hook. After an hour or so they backed off a little so I chucked the bomb out 8 turns past method line and picked up some bigger slabs. It then went dead on me and the 2 guys to my right who had shocking days unfortunately.

I ended up nicking a few more on the method at 13m and 5m as the wind was too severe to even fish the short pole accurately, although I did pick a few off on the pole the method was more productive.

Here's to hoping that the bank holiday weekend of fish'o qualifier and classic final goes better. Check back to see my report.

No comments:

Post a Comment